2. Information Collection and Use – General We collect personal and non-personal information to customize the content and advertising you see, fulfill your requests for products or services, and improve our services to you. There are many aspects of our site that can be enjoyed as a visitor, but you may need to register in order to take full advantage of the services we provide.
Registration: If you register for the site, we collect personal information from you such as your email address and password. Registering allows you to access content whenever you come to our site.
Search: When you search on our site, we store the search terms and the site(s) visited so that we can continuously improve the quality of our search results.
Browser Do Not Track Signals: We do not respond to web browser “Do Not Track” signals.
Advertising: We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
Public & Private: All stories posted are public, but private messaging, if offered, is for private discussion.
Communications: Email communication that you send to us via the email links on our site may be shared with a support representative, employee, or the expert that is most likely to be able to address your inquiry. Please do not provide personal information in your email unless you are doing so anonymously; regardless, we will only use such information for the purposes of answering your email. From time to time, we may send you service-related emails, such as a welcome email when you register with our site. If we find your personal question valuable to community discussion, we reserve the right to anonymously post your question on the site by removing any names or personal identification, including photos and username.
5. Chat rooms and message/bulletin boards Users of chat rooms and message/bulletin boards that may be on our site should be aware that when they voluntarily disclose personally identifiable information (e.g., name, e-mail address, user ID with first and last name, etc.) on a message/bulletin board, in a chat area, or other interactive area where personal information can be posted, the information can be collected and used by other internet users. This may result in unsolicited messages from other posters or parties. We make no representations and undertake no obligations as to the security of information you voluntarily post in chat rooms and message/bulletin boards.
6. Send-to-a-friend tools This site may, from time to time, include a send-to-a-friend application that makes it easy for you to forward information or materials from our site to friends or family by e-mail. In order to address your e-mail message, the application will ask you to input the recipient’s e-mail address and/or similar information (including your e-mail address). This information is only used by the application to address your message so that it can be properly sent. WholeUniverse.com does not retain any of this information for any purpose.
7. Promotional elements This site, from time to time, may support a site pop-up or promotional element that may request information. This information is public information and may be used by WholeUniverse.com or an advertiser or sponsor. If you wish to remain anonymous, you need to make sure you don’t share personal information.
8. Our commitment to children’s privacy A special note to parents: This site is not directed to children and we will not request any information from children under 13 at this site. We have developed our privacy practices as they relate to children from guidelines established by the Children’s Advertising Review Unit (CARU) and in compliance with the requirements established by the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (“COPPA”). We also recommend that parents monitor their children’s Internet activities and learn and employ software or other tools which can help their children enjoy the fun and entertainment of an on-line experience without compromising their personal safety or allowing them to use the Internet in a manner inconsistent with their parents’ preferences.
Click here http://www.nielsen-netratings.com/privacy/sitecensus.htm to learn more information about how we use a third party service with cookies (flash and non-flash) and web beacons to collect and use information on this Web site.